Friday, March 12, 2010

Colossians 1:9 ~ For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of His will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.

The great thing about God is that you never know when He is going to do something unexpected. I, Amy, certainly wasn't expecting anything that Sunday evening when I started recounting some of the crazy things my pastor had done. I remember most clearly, though, that I wanted to tell someone about the idea of an all-night prayer chat.

I, Tori, just happened to be in the Chat room when Amy suddenly blurted out, "Girls, I have this idea." "What?" I asked, not really prepared for what was coming next. "A twenty four hour praise and prayer chat!"
Cue the deer in the headlights look. It wasn't that I didn't like the idea, it was just that it was so large and not quite what I was expecting. "Wow," I probably said as I took in the implications of such a thing. Soon we were talking about it, and came up with the date February 12... just one week from then.

My initial response to the idea of a Prayer and Praise chat was kind of like :Wow...is that really going to happen?" As I, Lydia, got more into it though I realized this could be a wonderful time. I was rather lonely and depressed then and I was longing for some good Christain fellowship. The Prayer and Praise chat was awesome and such a blessing.

Of the twenty-four hour chat, I was able to make it on for about eighteen hours. That made for one very long night! It was worth every moment of it. The chance to fellowship with other teenage girls was something I had subconsciously been thirsting for a long time. There was no doubt in our mind that after that night, we wanted to do this again. Though maybe not for quite so long a time :)

So there the three of us were. We had an amazing and uplifting time. We knew it had to continue. Friday mornings were declared our study day, and for four weeks we met with likeminded Christian girls. But we discovered something in that time. It was needed by more girls than we could have in our little chat room. We needed to expand. And so this blog was created.
Here We Are

5 comments:

Tom King said...

Wow. I am greatly encouraged by your faith and Spirit-led ministry towards each other and other girls. This gives me great encouragement for the two girls our Lord has entrusted to my care. Yeah for the next generation, and your ministry that will span their hearts and minds!

Tom King said...

May the Lord bless this space in the span of inter'net' and may His peace be upon all who enter into fellowship with you

Mark Stenson said...

Hey, guys, blessings! It's neat to hear about how God has given you "holy imagination".

Anonymous said...

Yay, I can post now! LOL, thanks Lydia . . . You all are doing awesome! I was able to get on for a few hours during the 24 hour chat and it was great. : ) I'll be keeping an eye on this blog.

--Lady Z

(P.S. - I love the design you guys--er, girls chose. Beautiful!)

Anonymous said...

what a great idea! i wish i would've known about the chat room so i could be included but what an amazing thing that it could be continued somehow. The Lord is so great and i am excited that this site was recommended to me. i am definitely willing to be a part of this ministry! you are an inspiration to many i'm sure, but to me because i have tried something similar that i gave up on...it wasnt worth it!!! you will be in me and my church's prayers, and i urge you to not give up. the Lord can do great things through this if you just make this an obligation that you are not willing to give up.
love in Christ,
sara armstrong